Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our family has gone all digital, so I don't really have a steady supply of them. Anyone know where I could get some, or some similar small containers?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have heard that if you go to any film developing center that you can just ask them for their empty canisters. I haven't needed to try that yet, but I don't see why they wouldn't. After the film is developed they probably just throw away the canisters.

-Shelley

G

·
Hicksonj is right. I have gone to our local Wal-mart and picked some up there.I am competing with another lady I haven't met.They are collecting them for her but if I get there in time I can usually pick up a dozen or so before she gets them all.I have no clue why she needs so many all the time.Who knows, maybe she is breeding dartfrogs too,LOL
M.W.

G

·
word of advice thou about "Wally World" never EVER go there on the first of the month! EVEN IF YOU ARE STARVING AND IT'S THE LAST STORE OPEN!

All the welfare, social security, and disablilty checks come out on the first from the govt and the place is packed to bursting with people that make wal mart a place to avoid.

personal experience....

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally, I find many of Wal-Mart's business practices so disgusting that I prefer to pay more elsewhere. And it's not just the mom and pop stores that suffer. They're actively trying to drive Toys R Us out of business, for example. Other companies such as Hoover, Vlassic, and Levi have also felt Wal-Mart's touch of death. They demand such low prices from their suppliers that they are virtually forced to relocate jobs outside the US to stay in business. Therefore, Wal-Mart's policies cost American jobs. You think Microsoft is big and bad? Wal-Mart is the world's biggest corporation, and their sales are bigger than Sears, Target, J.C. Penny, K-Mart, Safeway, and Kroger combined. They make more money in 3 months than second runner up Home Depot makes in a year. You can see just a few of their deplorable business practices at these links:

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2003/3046wal-mart_pricing.html

http://foodmuseum.typepad.com/food_museum_blog/2003/12/how_a_jar_of_pi.html

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Its like that everyday at the local one.

drunknmunky said:
word of advice thou about "Wally World" never EVER go there on the first of the month! EVEN IF YOU ARE STARVING AND IT'S THE LAST STORE OPEN!

All the welfare, social security, and disablilty checks come out on the first from the govt and the place is packed to bursting with people that make wal mart a place to avoid.

personal experience....

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's one of my favorite political cartoonist's take on the matter:

But anyway, to get back on topic, thanks for the advice on where to get the canisters. I'll check ebay.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
LOL, you can check other local stores, and place with a film drop off might have them. Unless it is just one where they ship them all out. I got most of mine from Miejers, and or Wallgreens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts