Dendroboard banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Only one of my tanks has a hood like you describe. The rest have glass tops. Thats why I made some of the tubes shorter, so they wouldn't take up as much floor space in the tanks and/or I could prop them at an angle over a piece of wood or rock. :D I may try the coupler idea in the one that has the hood though as it has limited flat floor space. Thanks for another great idea. :idea:

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Dunner97074 said:
When using the bazooka how do descriminate from the good and bad bugs to feed?
mike
See my rant on the other thread about "bad bugs". In my opinion the only "bad" bugs are the ones that are too big to fit through that screen. The frogs decide the rest. I've been doing this for many years and so have others without incident.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
bbrock said:
See my rant on the other thread about "bad bugs". In my opinion the only "bad" bugs are the ones that are too big to fit through that screen. The frogs decide the rest. I've been doing this for many years and so have others without incident.
I have seen some of the bugs that squeese out of Brent's tube into his tanks and all I can say is I have seen some nice tongue drags! I am not afraid to feed anything but a few types of bugs now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well I can say that Brents Bug Bazooka is a hit with my frogs too. I loaded up two canisters and set them one in with my breeding Cobalt tincs and the other with my sub adult Azureus pair (I didn't have enough caps to go around :( ) and it didn't take them two seconds to figure out that dinner was crawling and flying through the screens. The large grass hoppers (lord knows what else :shock: ) and a ton of seeds, leaves and crud that got caught in the nets are trapped behind the screen. Worked like perfection!! They happily parked themselves right in front and gorged and in fact are still there unwilling to leave until bugs stop crawling out of it. :D . I took the two end caps that were over the screen ends and with my hand over them tranfered them two my two terrariums holding my 6 juvi Azureus, although they were less enthusistic about those big white things in their space, they chased and ate the few little bugs that came flying out of it. Now I'm going to make several more, and stock them and throw them in the fridge 8) , boom I'm set for the winter in Colorado.

I'm taking two tadpoles to my daughters 3rd grade class to raise (along with a long lecture to the teacher on how to raise them) and I would love to show the class how to make the Bug Bazooka so the kids can round up food for the new froglets when they morph along with the fly cultures I'll be providing. What a great education experience for them!! Of course when schools out the froglets are coming back to me (or the teacher if she thinks she can handle it) and not going home with an 8 yr old kid for the summer.

This is so cool :D ...I havn't been this excited about catching bugs since I was a kid looking for something to scare the crap out of my sister with :twisted:

Sorry, little things like this excite me, like the baby toad I found in my back yard on the weekend....

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.