use to read my back log of frognets.But i always have time for my frogs
and tanks.

thanks
michael taylor

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't have any specific info, but I know some types of ficus have extremely invasive and massive root systems, some destroy entire temples in s.e. asia. However their arial roots would look really nice in a vivarium. Also, some of the sap, latex, can be toxic to frogs (or so I heard)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Just curious, what type of frogs would this be for? I've been tempted to try ficus with my Phyllomedusa sauvagei, because I saw an article in Reptiles magazine, by rex, that showed how he joined the strands to make trunks, branches, and twigs, with a leaves at the ends, like on a real tree.

·
Registered
64 Posts
iv wanted to do that 4 a wile, but i don't have a tank big enough, rex has the coolest ideas

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well at present im gonna use any info i get on ficus for my Acanthosaura capra cage but the frogs ill use it for would most likely be Kassina maculata and if i can get some dwarf varieties ill use them for my terribilis,auratus,and luecomelas, maybe even my tricolors but they are pretty happy as is pothos are huge to them and the occassional dracnia

thanks
michael

·
Registered
64 Posts
thats a cool idea with the muntain horns and all, they might trample the tree a little though and they may destroy any epephiycs sp? that you whant. iv seen some small ones that are already shaped in shopping malls and home depot type stores you might whant to try there

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do not think i willl do any epiphytes in the dragons cage but they would work in the maculata cage , i would have other dead branches in with the dragon so it is not her only climbing option

1 - 7 of 7 Posts