Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 clippings of ficus pumila. Ive been trying to get it to root for 2 months now. It won't grow or root. Why?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have no clue why it wouldn't grow, is it getting plenty of water and light? If you want, I am getting ready to do some major trimming on mine and can send you a bag. I could litteraly cut it, throw it on the ground, drive over it, urinate on it, and this stuff will still grow :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no clue why it wouldn't grow, is it getting plenty of water and light? If you want, I am getting ready to do some major trimming on mine and can send you a bag. I could litteraly cut it, throw it on the ground, drive over it, urinate on it, and this stuff will still grow :)
Yup. It's under a T5 for 12 hours and it's planted in moist substrate. It would be nice if I could get some more. Only have 1 clipping and am setting up a new tank , but would urinating on it have any long term affects on the frogs? :p

·
Registered
987 Posts
It might just be taking awhile to root before it takes off. PM me your address and I'll send you what I trim out on Monday. Oh, and I'll make sure there is no pee on your clippings :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Find clay works better. I stuck the stub in and within months it was more then what I planted.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Yup. It's under a T5 for 12 hours and it's planted in moist substrate. It would be nice if I could get some more. Only have 1 clipping and am setting up a new tank , but would urinating on it have any long term affects on the frogs? :p
My Ficus are doing great...I have them in pots that have the same stuff as ABG minus the tree fern fiber. They have new leaves producing each day...
These were just past the edges of the pot on the 5th and they've grown this much in a week and a half...

If you have then already in your viv I would take them out and put them in a tank or something by themselves cover it well to hold humidity and put a good light on them and mist them frequently get them started.

Reactions: candm519
1 - 7 of 7 Posts