Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've wondered the same thing, but have not had problems with getting my orchids to flower even without fertilizer. I imagine that the breakdown of the frog feces and the incredible root growth in the terrarium compliment each other to prevent the need for massive amounts of fertilizer like so many orchid people suggest.

I have heard people suggest fish emulsion and leafmould, but have never tried either. I look forward to hearing some answers from people with more experience in this matter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i read that any organic fertilizer is good, but only use about 1/4 of what they recomend on the bottle, i think there is a artical about it on the reptile magazines sit, i know that one issue had a collum on it but i for get wich one

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
It was in the Reptiles magazine's 'The Living Vivarium' column sometime last year. I have a subscription, and I remember reading that issue, but I can't for the life of me find it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what you mean, I have about four years of aquarium magazines (three different ones too!) and was trying to find the one that has an article on the author's favorite diving spots, because my family is trying to figure out were we want to go that won't be too borring for my 9 year old brother, and it took me a REALLY long time.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Why not Orlando? Good diving spots a little south, and disney(although ive never been to a theme park.) :lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds great! Although my mother and brother are quite determined to spend two weeks over Christmas break in Hawaii. My dad said the diving there isn't that incredible. We went to Roatan, Honduras last year and it was absolutly AMAZING but I guess it would be to borring for my brother.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I'd go to hawaii before florida lol, didnt know you had that wide of optioons. My friend lives there in the summer, he says its great, im goin with him next summer, i cant wait!

·
Registered
64 Posts
id go to Hawiie, lots of great reefs and you can se D.Auratus in the wild!

G

·
Dude every year my family and i go to Aruba in the Dutch Carribean. It pretty touristic now and has alot of hotels and good food and in my opinion some of the best dives. Its got lots of rather famous wrecks on the gentle north coasts and plane wrecks on the south. It also has many really nice reefs. Even better u could go to Bonair, the neighboring island which has even more beutifull reefs. As ive said we' ve been there ALOT so if u want anymore info just pm me or do a search on Aruba.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use an organic product called Liquid Karma. I actually used it in my planted fish aquariums first and when i switched to frogs, I used it in my vivariums. It is awesome and makes my glants grow very quickly. I think just having frogs fertilize your plants is good too, i use my dirty frog bedding to propegate plant clippings and for my houseplants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts