Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the compliment.

The cactus is in the upper right in this photo. It's a Disocactus ramulosus, I scored it from Ken at Peace of the Tropics. It's mounted with a little orchid mix stuck in a tree fern panel and is rooting nicely.

John R.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Tonya,

Yeah, the pink shows up great in the viv. What's even better is that the plant looks like it's forming flower buds! I hope it blooms!

Thanks Jordan,

No, she has not yet produced froglets. I recently paired her up in this viv. She is being very well courted by her male and they seem to have bonded. There is definately alot of activity in the striped brom in the back so they may be up to something. I'm just going to wait and see.

She is another fine frog from the great folks at AZDR!

G

·
Disocactus and broms

Hey John. I am glad the Disocactus is working out well for you. I have poked some of it in my tanks and it roots easily. I have a cutting that is putting out some flower buds too. The broms are looking great.

Nice frog too. I just got a female Bastimentos that I am going to pair with some I have produced from another pair.

Ken

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Ken,

I'm very happy with the cactus and will have to get more from you. Do you know what color the bloom may be? I'm sure you can recognize the broms I got from you too. I put half my order in this viv! They are rooting well into the wood they're mounted on.

John R.

G

·
flower color

I looked it up and it puts out a pinkish flower that turns into a round white fruit. I have yet to see the flowers on mine. They also said the plant leaves start out red and go to green, but the one in my greenhouse is all like the one I sent you.

It looks like you put half the order in that tank. LOL! Looks great and I am glad they are rooting well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts