Dendroboard banner

Female Azureus pic

2K views 19 replies 2 participants last post by  kyle1745 
#1 ·
Here is a picture of my female Azureus that I took today, let me know what you think:

See less See more
G
#4 ·
What camera are you using? I know you posted it before but I can't remember. Whatever it is you are doing a great job with it. You will just sail with a DSLR. If you go with the 10D you are going to love it.
Rhonda

#5 ·
I am going with a 10D, but trying to wait and see if they take it to 8mp this year. I am currently using a Sony F707, but it has been great. I will miss a ton of features on it when I upgrade, but thats the price I will have to pay.

FrogByte11 said:
What camera are you using? I know you posted it before but I can't remember. Whatever it is you are doing a great job with it. You will just sail with a DSLR. If you go with the 10D you are going to love it.
Rhonda

#7 ·
Yes, and No, for PC pics I have plenty, but the lenses is what will be the huge difference. 1 good lens runs more than most prosumer cameras. The clarity is unmatched, and yes printing will be a ton better.

It all depends what you are doing. For the average person 3-4mp is fine I agree, but I can say that most of my good frog pics are crops of the original which would have been impossible with a 3mp camera, and even a 4 in some cases. I can get nice 8x10s out of my Sony and doubt I would print much more with the new one, but the features, add-ons, and clarity will be the big change. A ring flash is a good example, I can get one for my sony, but you can not for most others. Focus points will also be a nice added feature.

It all comes down to what you want. The clarity of the DSLRs can not be matched, due to the glass in front of the sensor, and the larger sensors. This is one reason why I have owned Sonys, due to very nice lenses over most of the other prosumer cameras. Its all about growth aslo, I started with a 3mp, with limtied features, and then went to a 5mp with more features, and now plan to move DSLR. Its another hobby, and the move will cost me a great deal, but I hope to learn and get some great pictures out of it also.

Arklier said:
Unless you're printing huge pictures and making glossies, anything over about 4 megapixels is overkill. The resolution has to be cranked way down to fit on web pages.

G
#8 ·
I have to disagree. Just like memory, you can never have too much. You don't know what you might need or be doing in the future with your photos. Magazines and stock agencies require huge files and are wanting bigger and bigger every day. I would not have gotten several photo jobs if I didn't have the 6.3 mp, and have had to pass up photo jobs because I didn't have more.
If you are 1000% positive that you will never do anything other than web photos or email then ya, 4 mp would do. But I say get as much as you can afford.
Let's just say that you never pursue anything and you are just doing personal stuff. What would happen when a huge company sees some of your web work. They love it and they want to use it for their advertising. They contact you with contract details etc. and they say that you need such and such size file. I promise that it would not be a small size that they would request and you have to decline because you don't have big enough files. Sound far fetched? Not at all. Big companies have people perusing the web all the time for new blood. I have experienced it personally. I can't tell you how excited I was when Canon contacted me first by email and then numerous telephone converstations.
You just never know.
As it was always said when I was a :D cub scout mommy :D
Be Prepared

Just my two cents.
Rhonda

#9 ·
Very good point, I have had 2 Zoos contact me and one is going to use my photos in a display. It would not have been possible with anything less that what I have already.

FrogByte11 said:
I have to disagree. Just like memory, you can never have too much. You don't know what you might need or be doing in the future with your photos. Magazines and stock agencies require huge files and are wanting bigger and bigger every day. I would not have gotten several photo jobs if I didn't have the 6.3 mp, and have had to pass up photo jobs because I didn't have more.
If you are 1000% positive that you will never do anything other than web photos or email then ya, 4 mp would do. But I say get as much as you can afford.
Let's just say that you never pursue anything and you are just doing personal stuff. What would happen when a huge company sees some of your web work. They love it and they want to use it for their advertising. They contact you with contract details etc. and they say that you need such and such size file. I promise that it would not be a small size that they would request and you have to decline because you don't have big enough files. Sound far fetched? Not at all. Big companies have people perusing the web all the time for new blood. I have experienced it personally. I can't tell you how excited I was when Canon contacted me first by email and then numerous telephone converstations.
You just never know.
As it was always said when I was a :D cub scout mommy :D
Be Prepared

Just my two cents.
Rhonda

#11 ·
Too bad it is not cheap, the 10D will get the upgrade too, but not looking like until fall. Which may be too long for me to wait. We will see. Can pick up a used 10D body for $1000 and another $100 for a 2 year warrenty. Saves ya about $300-400.

FrogByte11 said:
oops. Kyle I forgot to post this link for you. Check it out and see if you don't drool all over the keyboard :wink:
Rhonda

:arrow: Canon 8.2 megapixel

G
#12 ·
kyle1745 said:
I have had 2 Zoos contact me and one is going to use my photos in a display. It would not have been possible with anything less that what I have already.

Kyle that is the perfect example of what I am talking about. You just never know where something will lead you to. To quote that one song
"One Thing Leads To Another, Ya Ya Ya"
:lol: That is the only singing you will ever get out of me.

Oh, and congratulations of the zoo display! That is really something to be proud of.

Rhonda

G
#13 ·
Kyle have you checked Ebay? I am sure that there are a lot of people just like me, who, when a new camera comes out they sell theirs and get the new model. I have sold all of my cameras through Ebay and they are always in excellent shape and not very old.
Rhonda

#14 ·
Funny you should say that as I am looking right now. Some places offer nice kits for $2000, so I am looking at those too.

FrogByte11 said:
Kyle have you checked Ebay? I am sure that there are a lot of people just like me, who, when a new camera comes out they sell theirs and get the new model. I have sold all of my cameras through Ebay and they are always in excellent shape and not very old.
Rhonda

G
#15 ·
Also have you checked into the Canon EOS Digital Rebel? I haven't read up on it really but it seems very nice and it is less money.
B&H Photo Video has some very nice package deals with a 1 gig cf cards. Check it out.

:arrow: B&H Cameras

I have gotten a ton of stuff from them and they are great to do business with.
Rhonda

#16 ·
If the 300D was not as limited I might jump, but I think if I don't get a 10D I will regret it. Can get a refurbed 10D for same price as a 300D.

I'm waiting to see how much I spend at IAD.

FrogByte11 said:
Also have you checked into the Canon EOS Digital Rebel? I haven't read up on it really but it seems very nice and it is less money.
B&H Photo Video has some very nice package deals with a 1 gig cf cards. Check it out.

:arrow: B&H Cameras

I have gotten a ton of stuff from them and they are great to do business with.
Rhonda

G
#17 ·
Yep, understand completely. I have no idea what to expect "shopping" wise at IAD but I can't wait. I know there are a couple of things I hope are there and that I can get. I will just have to wait and see.
So let me know what camera you end up getting.
Rhonda

#19 ·
I'll be getting a 10D, http://www.murphyscamera.com/ sells refurbes for $1099. Not bad at all.

FrogByte11 said:
Yep, understand completely. I have no idea what to expect "shopping" wise at IAD but I can't wait. I know there are a couple of things I hope are there and that I can get. I will just have to wait and see.
So let me know what camera you end up getting.
Rhonda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.