Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Im a bit concerned for my two juvie blue PDF's, Iv had them for about two and a bit weeks but i dont really ever see them stuffing their faces with flies? I always make sure there's enough food for them both, but they just dont seem bothered at the time of feeding. Because of this alot of flies escape through the small vent at the front. I just want to know if there are any tips on feeding or if this is normal behaviour for a juvie?

Any help o this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers

Danny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I'm getting a little worried now :( they just aren't eating? is this normal? I haven't fed today as there a still flies all over the tank from yesterday! How log can these guys go without eating? everything in their environment is fine so I just dont understand! :confused:

Help me please!

Danny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a new one, my frogs seem to scale the cork background to the very top and sit on the gap between the top of the background and the lid? I thought this was a terrestrial species? anyone know of this behavior? I'll try and get a pick up tommoz.

Cheers

Danny

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
What are your tank temps? My frogs tend to gravitate vertically in their vivs during the winter months as the temperatures dip down in the mid sixties, presumably to be warmer (closer to the heat of the light\ warm air rises). They also don't eat as much generally speaking when it is cooler.

Make sure your humidity is good as well. If your flies are escaping, then some of the humidity is escaping as well. Just something to check on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would increase the amount of leaf litter in there considerably. They may still be acclimating and this will help make them feel secure.

You want to keep them as unstressed as possible during acclimation. Check your temps and humidity. Try not to disturb them as much as possible.

Also, if the viv. is "covered" in flies, reduce your feeding and let some escape before blocking any vents. An overabundance of food can stress them out at this stage as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts