Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
can i feed tincts pin heads almost all the time because the nearest pet store that sells FF is about a 40 min drive away and i cant afford to drive that much to get them food...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Jeremy,
If your pet store carries pin heads, that's awesome. Most stores won't bother with them because they are so small and only people who keep very small animals actually want them. I would HIGHLY recommend you getting a starter culture of fruit flies and you can culture them yourself. Once you get cultures started, make new ones each time new adults emerge. You can do this almost infinitately. It is very cheap and you will have all the food you need. Pinheads will actually be too small when your frogs get a bit bigger. I know when I ordered 500 for about 20 bucks it was equivalent to the amount of fruit flies I feed the frogs in one shot. That is WAY too expensive to feed 20 bucks worth of crickets every day. Hope this helps

-Ben

·
Registered
487 Posts
I agree one culture is all you need to get started. I started with one, and only one culture four years ago, and i never had to buy any more. Its all a matter of transporting and making new cultures regularly before they crash.

Besides, i heard if you mix two different frlightless fruit fly cultures together, you get ones that fly.
M.N

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
i was planning on raising a FF culture but they told me the flies will rot after a couple of weeks.... how do you raise FF

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
i was planning on raising a FF culture but they told me the flies will rot after a couple of weeks.... how do you raise FF

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Jeremy said:
What they said is technically correct, the medium will eventually go bad. The answer is to make a new culture with new medium.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts