Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have a pair of tincs and was wondering how many ff cultures these would go though in say a month. I know everyone is different and feeding is different for everyone but how much would you go through in this situation?

Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would probably make a two cultures every week. This will probably be over kill but it is nice to know you always have enough. I make cultures every week and throw them out once they hit 4 weeks to avoid mites.... Right now I make 5 cultures a week for 3 tinc pairs, 4 groups of tinc froglets, 10 thumbnails, and about 10 thumbnail froglets. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would probably make a two cultures every week. This will probably be over kill but it is nice to know you always have enough. I make cultures every week and throw them out once they hit 4 weeks to avoid mites.... Right now I make 5 cultures a week for 3 tinc pairs, 4 groups of tinc froglets, 10 thumbnails, and about 10 thumbnail froglets. Hope this helps!
what FF cultures are you making?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Total newbie here so take what i say with a grain of salt. I have a pair of azures approx 7-8 months old had them for 5 months I make about two cultures every two weeks give or take. I am making melo and Turkish gliders. So far I Havnt had any issues running out plus I hate to throw away cultures that are still producing but I put cultures that are a month old in the garage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree with Kaity. Yes it's likely to be an overkill but there is no harm done with too much food. On the otherhand there is potential for bad things with too little food. U have to factor in culture crashes etc. The worst feeling is having to drop $10-12 for an emergency culture or scrambling to find a local (who played it safe by over producing) when it just takes a couple minutes and cents to play it safe. Been there done that! If only this was an exact science!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah you're probably safest making 2 culture a week even though you only have a few frogs. It's always good to have extras in case a culture crashes on you. Don't throw your ff cultures away after 30 days though. If there are still ff in the culture then you can either put the whole culture in the tank or just feed them out like you always do. But don't make a new culture from the ff of a culture older than 30 days. That is when you could have mites causse problems for new cultures.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can't agree more with everyone saying that a couple of extra cultures is a good thing. I just had a culture go south on me last week. I would have been scrambling if not for an extra. It may not happen very often but it will happen.
Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.