Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
How many of you out there feed termites to your thubnails? I know that too much protein in the frogs diets are not a good idea, but from time to time i do feed the thumbnails on a diet of termites, but how safe is it? In terms of the termites causing internal damage to the frogs.
thanks,
Julio

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I don't think it is a problem as long as they aren't eating them all the time. I have heard that they can cause liver problems (has to do something with how they are proccessed by the darts) if used as the staple insect. I feed them to my darts (usually larger ones) from time to time in the warmer months when I can get termites, but they don't usually get them at all during the winter/fall. So there is a long time when they don't get these, and I never just feed termites... but thats mainly due to the fact that I already have the ff's and it is more work to get the termites.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
termites

I've moved this post over to the Food section but have temporarily left a copy here as well.

I feed termites to mine but only the most minute of the termites trapped and collected. I gets tricky sorting them out but well worth it twice a week or as it will really condition them nicely.

-Bill J.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts