Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid question but can u over feed a froglet; or should u just keep feeding until they stop eating. I give him like 30 flies at a feeding and there gone in like 10 minutes. I think he would eat more but he's alresdy nice and plump and i don't want an obese frog (if thats possible :lol:). Just curious.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
It is possible, and sometimes getting the exact amount can take some getting used to. I overfed my azuerus for a long time and they got obese. It took motnhs to get them back to normal.

spliff said:
This might be a stupid question but can u over feed a froglet; or should u just keep feeding until they stop eating. I give him like 30 flies at a feeding and there gone in like 10 minutes. I think he would eat more but he's alresdy nice and plump and i don't want an obese frog (if thats possible :lol:). Just curious.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Kyle,

I remember that photo, it looked like your frog had boobies :oops: , didn't it. Do you still have that picture, it would be good for someone to see what an overweight frog looks like.

Melis

kyle1745 said:
It is possible, and sometimes getting the exact amount can take some getting used to. I overfed my azuerus for a long time and they got obese. It took motnhs to get them back to normal.

spliff said:

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
SURE!

BEHOLD SHEMALE AZUREUS:)

melissa68 said:
Kyle,

I remember that photo, it looked like your frog had boobies :oops: , didn't it. Do you still have that picture, it would be good for someone to see what an overweight frog looks like.

Melis

kyle1745 said:

spliff said:

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I should note that this is a male, and after they both got back to normal they have breed for me ever since. I am on at least the 6 clutch, with the last one being 7 good eggs: (and twins)

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Yep, that is her/him. She was quite a chunck, very pretty though. I am glad she is now trimmed down and making little babies for you.

Melis

kyle1745 said:
SURE!

BEHOLD SHEMALE AZUREUS:)

melissa68 said:
Kyle,

Melis

kyle1745 said:

spliff said:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spliff said:

I have found that froglets are very hard to overfeed. I'm not saying they will consume 100's of fruitflies a day but once they get their share they tend to become slightly inactive. I have also found that too many food items at a time can be detrimental to the frogs nervous status and can very easily stress them out to a good degree, so 3 or 4 feedings a day of 20 melanogaster ff's is ample and helps reduce stress and wasted flies. This also ensures that the froglets recieve any supplements you may be using as the flies have less time to clean themselves off (hightly possible that there are still trace ammounts left on them). Hope this helps...just my 2 cents.

-Bill J.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts