Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again all. I've had my bambinas for about two weeks now, and I'm still confused on the feeding process. I have gotten them to sometimes eat wax worms when I put them into the tank, but they mostly ignore anything I put in there. It seems like they very rarely go for the crickets, and I've only seen one of them hunt once. I've been just leaving the crickets in there on the land section so that if they decide they are hungry, they can just go and hunt. However, I haven't noticed the number of crickets going down except when they kamikaze into the water and die there. I see these videos of people with their frogs and toads where they happily await the drop of the food into the tank and immediately all go for it, which is the point I would love to get to (but I'm unsure how). I have the goal of twice per week feeding, but with them not going for the food and me leaving the crickets in there, who knows how often they may be eating. I haven't seen poop anywhere either- though that may be because they are doing it in the water mostly and then it gets cleaned up by the filter.

I'm assuming I'm just overthinking things, but since these are my first in the herp world, I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I make sure to get the correct size of cricket as well, so I don't think that's the problem. I've been considering trying some dubia roaches out to see if they respond differently to them, but I'm still unsure of that idea. Any help or advice would be very appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts