Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had three auratus tads morph out and I am new to keeping frogs this yung.so I tried to feed them fruit flies but it didn't look like they were very interested. I have them in a 40 gln and they seem to stay in one area.so I was just wondering if anyone had different feeding methods.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Congratulations on morphing your froglets. You may want to consider moving them into a smaller simple growout...40 gals for 3 metamorphs/froglets is really large (i.e. they have to work much harder to find food). Try setting up a feeding station (I use a chunk of banana on top of a distilled water cap) to encourage the FF's to stay in one area. Do you have any springtail cultures going?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Field is absolutely right. 40 gallons will make a nice home for them once they grow up a little, but for now it's pretty big. If you don't have a smaller tank, you can try a bpa free plastic container.
Best of luck with them & let's see some pictures!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There about two weeks old and I'm to stupid to figure out how to post pictures with my phone. Also I do have springtails and how should I keep my grow out tank humidity wise. (I will post pictures later)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have raised auratus babies strictly with fruit flies, but now also provide them with springtails. Usually raise them in a 10 gallon tank with lots of cover. Don't usually see tham much for awhile, but am always suprised when I pick up a piece of bark and see fat little frogs looking at me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts