Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was reading through the posts in the thread about feeders. I have some questions. I made a list from it of feeders I did not know about. Could anyone tell me how or where to get them/how to culture them? Are they complicated or easy?

woodlice
turkish gliders
isopods
other species of springtails (I have the small white ones)

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I think woodlice and isopods are the same thing. Flyculture is selling isopods now.
Turkish gliders, are just another form of melagonaster F.F., that are a little more productive than the other forms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
food

isopods and woodlice are the same thing. the kind people feed to darts as far as i know are a smaller soft bodied tropical variety. personally at the moment i only culture tomocerus longicornis which is an 8mm springtail and a colombella species springtail which is 4mm. i culture the tomocerus on soil from a pine forest with some chunks of rotten wood in there, as far as i can tell they feed of fungus mycelia in the wood. the collombella i feed special springtail food that the tomocerus dont seem to like and keep them on a special springtail substrate but they can be cultured easily on bed a beast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts