Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Rain_Frog said:
Fenabozole is not related to panacur is it?
Panacur is a brand name for Fenbendazole so it is the same thing. Also, I would suggest that you get fecals done first. Frye actually posted something on Frognet yesterday afternoon about wild caught pumilio. Here is a part of that post. I edited out the irrelevant information but if you want to see the whole post you can go to Frognet and read it.

Today I had the privilege of examining 45 wild caught D. pumilio from Panama (no they were not Glenn’s.)..........snip.........I got to check them within about a week of landing on U.S. soil...........snip.............The amazing thing was that I was able to collect fresh fecal (less than 24 hour
old) samples from most of the pumilio, and THERE WERE ONLY 2 WORM EGGS in all of the samples viewed!.......snip............

· Registered
266 Posts
Re: ok

Rain_Frog said:
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. I'm SOOO EXCITED! :D Hopefully, if all goes well, I can get my Mantella betsileo and try to breed them! What about the local vet? My vet has examined frog stool samples for me before. I know Dr. Frye is a dart frogger, but then I have to ship them and everything, and I don't know how long it could be until I get a response. Then, I have to order medicine, and that takes longer. Remember, they won't be at golizards too long, I'll be getting them in just a week of their arrival, and chances are they aren't going to be well cared for with them as in my hands. So, if they have bruises or anything, I'd want to treat them ASAP. Anybody have a nice testamonial on the service of Frye? I mean, I trust him, but it just will take longer shipping and receiving from Michigan.
As long as your local vet has experience with exotics and is willing to treat them you should be o.k. using him/her. You'll be able to respond quicker that way in case the little ones do need treatment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.