Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm posting because I'm having a difficult time sourcing someone local to do fecal exams for frogs. I'm in the Philadelphia region.

I found one local reptile vet that will do them after calling many places but it seems that lining up a time to drop off the fecals outside of my work hours has been pretty difficult. These people are working banking hours and cant tell me how late they are open each day as they seem to be making it up as they go.

Mailing fecals is my next hope.

This Dr. Frye that is mentioned all over this thread seems to have vanished. The website looks to be hacked or sold off or something.

Is there a consistent, reliable place I can mail fecals for dart frogs to be looked at and have diagnosed?

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
No clue if they can help you, but you might contact the University of Florida path lab:

If you're going to be mailing samples, though, you might try to overnight them to a local vet, from whom you're going to have to get prescription meds, if needed.

I assume you've contacted all the local ARAV vets listed here (there are 15 listed within 50 miles of Philadelphia):

1 - 3 of 3 Posts