Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard mixed results about water features. I dont' care much for false bottoms, as the soil gets stuck in the pump. So, I have a really nice, self contained Maxi Jet in a shoebox that is doing well.

However, I am a bit afraid of my tinc drowning. It is 4 inches deep. I keep hearing "my xx takes a swim" or "my xx drowned in a fight." I dont' know if I should add rocks, or something. I plan on keeping a group of tincs...something I'm wary of when I get more to live with my male.

Should I just add some more rocks?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think if you have a gradual slope that enables the frogs to get out of the water when needed, you'll be alright. I believe that it's a pretty rare occurence when a frog drowns another in a fight. I don't have any water features in my vivs, but if I had the time (and the patience) to build them, I'd probably have one in every terrarium!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My tricolors have dove under the 1" falsebottom in the critter keeper and have stayed there for a minute or so. I was at first afraid that they were stuck, but then noticed when I stopped hoovering over them, they climbed back out! :shock:

I have never seen a tinc do that, but I once heard somebody at Kingsnake say their imitators would fall into the water and swim fairly well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts