Dendroboard banner

Fat frogs..

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
This is one of my leucs they all seem to be a bit of the fat side..

Is this unhealthy? I haven't fed them much other ffs and a few pinhead crickets.

See less See more
G
#4 ·
I doubt they're gravid... but who knows? they are maybe a year old probably younger, and Leucs dont mature till 16 months or so I read..
Sex? I'm not sure all of my leucs hide 90% of the time I'm home (I see them on weekends and when I come home from work early). If I watch them too much they go hide. So your guess on sex is as good as mine... if I was pushed I would say I have 1 male and 3 females (possibly 2 and 2 and that this one was female).

G
#9 ·
yeah they poop... I am planning on moving them to a larger tank in a week maybe I'll try to get a fecal done before I move them.... any recomendations on vets? I've got a couple names already but wouldnt mind hearing more recomendations.

G
#12 ·
*sigh* I found one of my leucs dead this morning, oddly it was probably the smallest of the lot . All four liked to hide up in the *same* 1" by 6" groove on top of the background. The frog looks fine, I can only guess that it got smothered? If that is the case I really wish I would have moved them into their new home sooner (as I moved the rest into their new home this morning).

bleah I don't feel like going to work now.

-Tad

#15 ·
Hmm sounds like exactly what happened to my smallest leuc. I could be wrong and this is just a geuss, but I am wondering if male leucs can be a little agressive. I think when I first got mine I had 2 males and 2 females, but 1 quickly seemed to hide and was very shy. I then removed it and lost it a little later. Now it could have had a bug also, but I will never be sure, but yours sounds about the same.

I would keep a very close eye on the rest also just to be safe.

tad604 said:
Not as big, probably the smallest one, but still was fatter than any of my auratus.

G
#16 ·
I was thinking the 2 biggest were female, and the 2 smallest were males, and I have seen two of my leucs stare eachother down. But I dont think it was erm um murder. I'm going to try to have some fecal exams done on all my frogs soon.

-tad

G
#17 ·
Well, They definitely seem less shy and a little more active in their new home. I'm going to ration their ff supply and give them plenty of springtails. Ok well writing this I decide to open the lid and take a few snapshots.... and they all hide =/

-tad

#18 ·
Is there a place they can get water anytime in their tank? I found frogs to be more active and less shy when they can get water for some reason. All 4 of my leucs are always out, although they are still juvies. I found this when I had auratus and my azureus used to sit in water before they laid eggs and the clutches were larger and more tads came out of the eggs (but then most died). You don't need a lot of water just put some in a deep petri dish and they'll love it.

Everett

G
#19 ·
All of my tanks have water features (pools/waterfalls). The twenty long I Had them in was maybe a fourth to a third water (with lots of pothos growing out of the water so there was still plenty of dry sitting areas). They come out a little more now, but still run away whenever I open the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.