Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at tanks today and on an ebay search these also came up. It's a pump for aquariums to help circulate the water.

Hydor Koralia Nano Circulation Pump/Powerhead

Do you think these would be safe to use in a terrarium for more air circulation? I think I would need to add some more mesh to the top of it where the bars are farther apart though to make it frog safe.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
doesn't come with the fan controller, just with a ac/dc adapter wired to the fan.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for posting the pix. ill definitely be adding that for my things to buy. btw are those real mushrooms in the first pic or just a decoration?

·
Registered
72 Posts
the fan is a great idea. has anyone seen any negative response to the constant sound made by the fan. seems like it would primarily be for larger tanks. i'm guessing it be a little noisy in smaller tanks?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
the fan is a great idea. has anyone seen any negative response to the constant sound made by the fan. seems like it would primarily be for larger tanks. i'm guessing it be a little noisy in smaller tanks?

the fans aren't noisy at all, not sure where you are getting that from?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
They're dead quiet, especially at the speeds you would run them at in a viv.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whatever you use make sure its covered with screen of some sort. You dont want frog soup. I just use 40mm computer fans. They have been running for almost a year now in my 55 gallon.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Whatever you use make sure its covered with screen of some sort. You dont want frog soup. I just use 40mm computer fans. They have been running for almost a year now in my 55 gallon.
yep, yep that's what these are for:D 40mm dust covers.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not sure but when I was looking through the threads to keep terrariums cool I found this person using it.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/me...ate-65-gal-viv-w-homemade-cooling-system.html

I hope it can cool it down also by a few degrees because my room in like june/july usually reached up to 85 (our ac is on to 75 but our house has bad insulation and my room is small and upstairs) but now it is currently in the mid 70s.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts