Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok looking to add a fan system to my 24 x 18 x 24 exo, want it to look clean and frog safe "no frog -in -a-blender action wanted:eek:".....I see kits offerd here but wanted advice on how other have done.....thx in advance!:)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
When it comes to looking clean the best you can do is cut holes in your top or use the existing vents and create a shroud for the fan that can pull air in from one spot and blow it out the other. The other option is tunnels through the background, but you have to plan that at the start of the build most of the time.

But that typically takes more work than and internal fan and it is also less efficient.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used two coralife aquarium fans mounted in my acrylic top. Just a small modification to the fans screen arrangements to mount. also added a piece of fine screen mesh to each fan for fly proofing. The fans are connected with a 3" PVC tube and I cut gaskets from a standard 3" rubber coupling to help provide a seal. The fans are on separate timers set to run about 1.5 hours alternating periods through out the day pulling air from the intake and returning via the fan that is not running at the time. Both fans are off during misting cycles.

Everything is hidden under the canopy hood, however you can see the fans and tube if you look up through the acrylic top. Overall it is pretty "clean" and so far works great.

Tried to post pics but apparently that is not in my skill set. I will try again in a separate post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts