Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i went to the zoo yesterday. There they had two large Marine Toads. Also, their keeper refered to the toad record holder, a massive one that was almost a foot long WITHOUT the legs extended. So i looked it up, and i found an article about it.
Dog-sized 'Toadzilla' captured in Australia | Mail Online
Now here's the fail. Quote from the article: "Nicknamed Toadzilla, the reptile's body is over 9 inches long."
Lol?

·
Registered
122 Posts
That is a 'lol' moment. I'm gonna try and make a demotivational about that. Anyone know how to make 'em? If so, just tell me because once it's done I'll post it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, but here it is:

Sorry for the bad picture quality... I couldn't get it to the right size :eek:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The article says it was the largest one found in aistralia. It does not mention it as being a record holder.

"Prinsen", a toad kept as a pet in Sweden, is listed by the Guinness Book of Records as the largest recorded specimen. It reportedly weighed 2.65 kilograms (5.84 lb) and measured 38 cm (15 in) from snout to vent, or 54 cm (21 in) when fully extended.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
that poster is a fail
"when you accidentally an amphibian a reptile" makes no sense
maybe you mean "when you accidentally LABEL an amphibian a reptile

·
Registered
74 Posts
Haha. I was thinking the same thing lol. I still think the reptile fail is worse.

Wayne

that poster is a fail

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
Haha. I was thinking the same thing lol. I still think the reptile fail is worse.

Wayne

If one goes back to the original Linnean system of classification then amphibians and reptiles were used interchangebly but that was several hundred years ago.. however can anyone confirm if that is a colloquial usage?

·
Registered
122 Posts
that poster is a fail
Actually there is a meme online that you say "I accidently [leave out this word] something."

For example:
I accidentally . . . . the whole economy

I did that on purpose; I use proper grammar most of the time; the only times I don't are when I'm trying to be funny or quoting something/someone else.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The article says it was the largest one found in aistralia. It does not mention it as being a record holder.

"Prinsen", a toad kept as a pet in Sweden, is listed by the Guinness Book of Records as the largest recorded specimen. It reportedly weighed 2.65 kilograms (5.84 lb) and measured 38 cm (15 in) from snout to vent, or 54 cm (21 in) when fully extended.
Yeah...foot long marine toads are not uncommon in Suriname. The transplanted ones in Australia, Florida, and Hawaii don't get as big on average...hence the amazement over the "giant" specimen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts