Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the zoo med 501 turtle filter.

I know that filtering the water isn't of the utmost importance, but I like the idea of the pump being external to the tank and really don't want to get into drilling/overflows (at least not now).

If anyone knows of a cheaper device that is similiar I'd love to hear about, also I'd like to hear any positive/negative reviews.

-Tad

·
Registered
561 Posts
Tad, There was a post on this filter a while ago. I have been using one on my trivittatus tank and it works great. I honestly think that it is too weak to filter a turtle tank, unless they are hatchlings. I'm putting one on my newt tank too.
Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I started the other thread because I was considering buying one. Let us know how the filter works for your newt tank. I'm wanting to use one for a smaller water filtration applications ~5-7 gallons max.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had this filter on my 43 gallon viv. I am not sure exactly how many gallons I had it filter but the water was probably 2.5-3 inches deep. It worked great. I had the filtered water pumping my waterfall.

Dawn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody who bought these have a recommendation as to where purchase one?

I've seen a wide range of prices from 28-42 dollars but I haven't seen it that cheap at any local stores or stores online I'm familiar with.

-Tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine at a local fish store for $35. I wanted to purchase a second one the local fish store does not carry them anymore. I have found it at Petsmart for $45-50. I think I am going to look on eBay.

Dawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts