Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I KNOW I've sent out red expectata and mads to people, but no pictures?!? C'mon folks, let's see the vivariums and frog pics of their new homes! :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'll send you some Doug when I get them :D!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
They came in today and here are the pictures of the red expectata mantellas in there "new home" that I set-up last month.

CHOW TIME

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice Colleen. The lighting in that tank really does the expectata justice. Their full coloration can really be appreciated. Hopefully you'll get eggs from them in the future. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yes, they do have that coloration that stands out!! Very pleased with them. Thank you so much. You are awesome to work with and very helpful!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here are a few more pics of these guys! I hope others will upload pics of their tanks and new frogs for you Doug.

Reactions: tclipse

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great photos and great frogs! love seeing mantella pics.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like that frog is proud of the "job" he did on that piece of cork bark :)

From the pictures you took, it seems like they've been pretty bold for you. How are the smaller ones doing?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I will take a picture or 2 of the smaller ones this week. One of the tiniest is soooo cute and has bright coloration on his body. He loves springtails and I even took mela worms out of one culture to give them. The smaller food is helping him put on weight. Yes, I do see them out many times during the day.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here are a few pics of one of the runts, Doug. They are active several times out of the day searching for food.

I HOPE OTHERS WILL POST PICTURES OF THEIR MANTELLAS FROM YOU, DOUG. ALWAYS NICE TO SEE!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
One of Doug's babies.
:)
jk I found it at a shop called the bug store in STL and had to buy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely beautiful pictures, Ray. You really did them justice.

In my experience, red expectata change their legs to steel blue more frequently than the standard morph.

I just noticed it now, but I never truly realized that red expectata have blue flashmarks visible from above!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Very nice shots. For a minute, though, I thought those were mine, only cropped:eek:. One of the runts you gave me, Doug, looks exactly like the one pictured. It actually has more color variations than my sub-adults. They come out every morning and evening for feed and doing/growing well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts