Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I'm having the hardest time getting some Great Stuff. I can't buy it locally, and ordered it from acehardware and my packet has been stuck at the Anchorage UPS hub for 8 days now labeled "hazardous material irregularity" and neither UPS nor the shipper is interested in doing anything about it....*sigh*

so...our teeny tiny local hardware store offers expanding foam from a different label, "touch-n-foam". Is that basically the same as Great stuff? Would it be all right to use?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looking at the Manufacturer's MSDS, it appears to be the same or similar to Great Stuff. That is of course assuming you are talking about - Touch ‘n Foam HomeSeal Expanding Sealant.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, they have touch n foam homeseal and maxfill, both of which are supposedly fine for outdoor use...

...has anyone on here used it? Does it perform about the same as Great stuff?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Molch, do you think I can send from anchorage? Or think that this is also illegal?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aaw, bless your kind heart - but I believe the very problem is that the cargo airline refused to carry it because it is "hazardous". I doubt you could mail it either...but thank for the thought :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts