Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure theres a few threads started about the monsoon by exo. But Im considering adding a few while on vacation as I will not order mistkings and wait fir delivery abd setup on every tank. Ive always chosen to hand mist every tank eventhough it might take up a few hours outta my day, but It always helps me catch anything good or bad going on inside vivs and pretty much keep everything in check. So if anyone has gotten one...please leave some feedback of the product with pros and cons....and some possible modifications from you tech gurus....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well to be honest I've heard nothing but bad reports on the Monsoon plus for the price of the Monsoon you can get Marty's starter pump for the same price. Marty puts out a extremely good system and will help you out with any questions or faulty equipment that may arise. Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to be honest I've heard nothing but bad reports on the Monsoon plus for the price of the Monsoon you can get Marty's starter pump for the same price. Marty puts out a extremely good system and will help you out with any questions or faulty equipment that may arise. Just my 2 cents.
Awesome. Whats the website for marty? I did notice $100+ for a piece of plastic...ouch!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mistking offers a 2 year warranty from what I have read. You are going to be paying for what you get. If you do not want to pay $100 I would just stick with hand misting.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mistking offers a 2 year warranty from what I have read. You are going to be paying for what you get. If you do not want to pay $100 I would just stick with hand misting.
If I wasnt going on vaca then I would just gand mist. But was considering a quick option with little to none assembly and hookups....but I was just looking at some pics on their site and it looks kind of crappy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
WHAT? Looks crapy? haha no way in a million years. Plus its very easy to set up a mistking system. I have no clue what you are looking at. They are used in zoos and many peoples own collections.

Here is the web site which I do not see anything crappy about MistKing Misting Systems by Jungle Hobbies Ltd

Plus I do not think it is cool to come on here and call his products crappy if you have never used it in the first place. I am buying myself a kit from mistking. Maybe you should just check some of his videos out on youtube. The Monsoon system will prob burn out if ran with out water. At leat the mistkings pumps can run weeks with out water and have a no drip valve.

The monsoon costs cheapest I have seen $75 and starter kit from mistking that can mist 10 nozzels is $100. You are getting a 2 year warranty also. If you cant put a mistking system together than I dont know what to say to you. Very easy to do and again is not a crappy product. Plus its easier to get parts from mistking than Exo terra.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Plus with the monsoon system I have read alot of complaints with the timer failing and people coming home to flooded tanks.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha! No man....I was talking about monsoon....it looks like a piece of crap. Ive run plenty of mist kings before and swear by them. I would never put down mist king. Jyst moved systems to my other house.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have over 80 vivs running with mistkings in my main rooms which are cared for. I was looking for quick fix on a newer room with 40 vivs of all obligates that I prefer to handmust but 45 minutes away from other house with rooms being wated by friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts