Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grow cold-loving plants in a display fridge with double-paned tempered insulation glass front and sides. There is no door, so I access everything from the top. I am unable to drill into the sides or top to install mistking nozzles.

But the exoterra monsoon nozzles, while incredibly cheap looking, can attach to glass sides with suction cups. Is it safe to buy a mistking pump and use it with monsoon nozzles? I was thinking 6-8 nozzles should cover my 36x24x18 area. There is no way I can envision gluing magnets or zip tying nozzles somehow that would make me feel secure enough that it would stay put, and it would just look like crap to DIY something like that.

I really wish Mistking just made their nozzles attachable with suction cups or magnets...
Plant Houseplant Rectangle Tints and shades Glass

·
Registered
944 Posts
Greetings,

I have not tried to run monsoon nozzles and tubing with a mistking. The mistking pump may produce higher pressure than the monsoon which could be a problem if the monsoon fittings can't sustain it. You can always try it and let us know.

I think you could use mistking nozzles too if you wanted: You can always use a cross bar of plexiglass (easier to drill) or glass (stiffer) across the top and attach one or more mistking nozzles to that.

I don't use bulkhead fittings at all for my large mistking setup. Instead I use tube straps screwed into the plexiglass rim of my viv to mount the nozzles: one strap on each side of the T fitting that leads to each nozzle. Crude diagram below (n= nozzle, s= strap)
. fn
. s|s .

By extending the length of the tubing between a T fitting and the nozzle (and/or adding some 90 elbow fittings) this method gives you alot of flexibility in positioning nozzles.

·
Administrator
4,840 Posts
ZooMed MagClips can do what you're looking to do. If they're not strong enough for your liking, sandwiching a couple plastic coated neodymium magnets (1.25" diameter, IIRC) in there will do the trick.

Just whipped one up -- looks pretty decent.

Automotive tire Wood Gas Engineering Bumper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts