Dendroboard banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife would like to get me some more frog tanks for Christmas.

---

I am looking to get four tanks:

Two 18"L x 18"W x 24"H tanks.

AND

Two 18"L x 18"W x 18"H tanks.

---

I am finding tanks made in this size by both Exo-Terra and Zoo-Med.

So is one better then the other? Please share your thoughts on these products so I can choose the best product!

Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
Exo in my opinion , the lock is Much better overall seems to be made better

·
Registered
164 Posts
IMO Exo for sure. The two doors are convenient when doing tank maintenance. It also helps keep the frogs in the tank because you can keep one door closed while you are feeding, doing water changes, etc.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I prefer zoo meds because of they are cheaper and I like the single door and shallower area beneath the front vents. Obstructs the view less. I do agree that the exo's seem to be of better quality but I have had no problems with the Zoo meds.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. It sounds like I will want the Exo terras for the 24 inchers and ZooMeds for the 18 inchers.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would want a very big tank that opens from the front. I like fish tanks.
ohhh, I thought when you said "two" that you meant the exo terra and the zoo med but you meant the fish tank type tank. Most people buy vertical conversion kits or make their own.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is it easy to get a glass top built for either of those 2 tanks? It looks like the tops need to be clipped in.
I had my local glass shop cut 4 glass panels to size, with drilled holes for the misters and fogger. However, I didnt silicone them in place. There wasn't a need to. The bulkheads from the mister keep the glass attached to the screen.

I had the panels made of tempered glass. Regular glass is cheaper and your local home depot may cut glass to size. I wished I would have shopped around for pricing because I think I overpaid for the glass.

Also, Dremmel now has a glass cutting accesorry. However, I don't know how easy it is to use. That could be a whole other post.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I had my local glass shop cut 4 glass panels to size, with drilled holes for the misters and fogger. However, I didnt silicone them in place. There wasn't a need to. The bulkheads from the mister keep the glass attached to the screen.

I had the panels made of tempered glass. Regular glass is cheaper and your local home depot may cut glass to size. I wished I would have shopped around for pricing because I think I overpaid for the glass.

Also, Dremmel now has a glass cutting accesorry. However, I don't know how easy it is to use. That could be a whole other post.
Thanks. One day I want to get a Big exo terra. Im going to a pet store to see if the owner did a build in their big exo yet. I got my 2 pieces of glass for free. I might pay about $20 for a 10, 20L, 20H, or a 29 gallon tank if not free, I'm cool with the owner of the glass shop. How much did you pay for the glass?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts