Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,316 Posts
The topic has come up, I myself really like the exo-terra enclosure... From what I've seen of the zoo-med their main advantage over the exo is that the front opening is one piece, though the quality of materials used has been said to be of lesser quality.

· Registered
89 Posts
I talked to a couple of different LFS owners and they all recommended Zoo Med. The consensus is that Zoo Med is a company specifically driven towards herps, where as Exo Terra is just an offshoot of a company that makes equipment for (I think) Saltwater Aquariums.I know that guy who runs the exo terra division is definitely a herp guy. He has a really cool website that covers all the trips he has taken to observe herps in the wild.

I ended up buying an Exo Terra tank because I personally think that it looked better once the lighting and digital gauges are hooked up. My only problem is the screen top. It seems that it never kept enough humidity in and I had to get glass panes cut to cover it. I also think that Exo Terra has a larger line of products, but then again, I do have a zoomed mister on the tank at the moment.

· Banned
755 Posts
I have both types. You cannot go wrong with either. I do prefer the split door of the exo's over the one glass piece of the zoo meds. The exos come with a background if you do not want to make your own, where the zoomeds come without.
The zoomed has one large screen top, where the exo is split into two sides. You still have to cover both to keep the humidity up. Both have slots in the back of the screen for cords, the exos have a sliding piece which is a lot better than the zoomeds snap in place plug.
The lock feature and locks are better from exoterra - if you need to lock it.
If you want a water feature the exos give you more room at the bottom of the tanks than zoomed.
I do prefer the light hoods of the exos and use them on my zoomeds, using the GE 6500K lights.
I would buy either in the future as you cannot go wrong with either.

· Registered
851 Posts
I have 3 exo's and I really fancy them! I really like the double open swing doors and the look of compared to the zoo med's.

I was looking at the light bar/hood from meds and the whole look and design of it is a little unappealing for me :? I went with exo's compact light hood and they are great. They do not get hot or overheat for me and the bulb is 67000k.

And like evolvstll said you also get the background with it another + bonus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.