Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, right now we have 4 leucomelas in a 3foot long tank but the lid isn’t ideal and they really don’t seem to use it all (I think it was a snake tank) but we just picked up one of those new Exo terra terrariums (the large one 18"X18"X24"H I have to say it looks bigger then I thought it was going too!!) and was wondering if you all felt that was going to be ok for the 4 leucs that we have.... they are breeding and we would like to keep it that way too.... we will utilize the 24" high with some different levels of cork bark ect as I find the lucs like to climb :D if you guys think its not big enough no biggie we will just use it for some froglets down the road I don’t like to crowd our frogs (our 2 Azureus are in a 55gal corner tank) so what I want to know is do you think they will be happy in there not just ya it will do :wink:

thanks for all your opinions and help!!
Michelle

G

·
If they're breeding why move them? If your goal is to keep them breeding I wouldn't move them. I'd say that the exo-terra terrarium is big enough for four (though maybe not much more?). Though I'm temporarily keeping 5 in a 15 high *shrug*.

Where did you get the exo-terra terrarium? I've not found any dealers online or locally selling them yet.

I really want to get a look at one.

How much did that set you back? (that was the largest one available right?).

-Tad

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya we are pretty excited about it :wink: a little shop here in Victoria BC got I think 2 of each size in this week, the owner is a friend of ours so he called us the minute they came in LOL I think the large one was sticker priced at his store at 109 Canadian (and yes thats the biggest one), he always is really good to us so I think we got a few bones off :lol: ....
We want to move them only for the reason that the tank they are in was designed for a snake and the whole 3 foot lid slides forward from the back and makes it a pain in the butt to feed the frogs, that and they don’t really have as much climbing space as I think they would want, it is 3 foot long, but its not terribly tall.... Oh ya and I like the look of the exo terra better LOL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
exo terra terrariums??

where is the store you are talking about that has the larger size exo terra's for $109? i'm looking to get the 18x18x18 to set up for a few different species. thank you!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: exo terra terrariums??

northall22 said:
where is the store you are talking about that has the larger size exo terra's for $109? i'm looking to get the 18x18x18 to set up for a few different species. thank you!
If your asking about the store in Victoria its Worlds Exotic Pets, in hatley park plaza. I don't think he has the 18X18X18 in stock right now (I think he said they are now 99$) but he has one of the new 24(L)X18X18 and they are I think he said 179....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zBrinks said:
Wow, that was a fast response for a post speanning two years!
LOL ya I guess eh, (WOW two years since I got those tanks!!)
I was acually just thinking of calling him to yack when I got the reply in my message box, so when we were talking I asked him about them :lol:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Not sure how shipping to Canada would be for you, but That Fish Place sells most if not all of the Exo Terra line of products including the vivs in Small, Medium, & Large. For some reason I haven't seen the EX-Large around in awhile???? I don't think the new sizes out (XXL & XXL) are shippable.

Here a link: http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/product ... resultBody

1 - 9 of 9 Posts