Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
pump

I have had good luck with the following ones. Never had to replace one yet.

MICRO-Jet or Mini-Jet Adjustable Flow Miniature Pumps by Aquarium Systems.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've had one running for close to two years now and haven't had any problems yet. I've accidentally let mine run dry over night quite a few times and there never seemed to be any permanent damage. The repti-flo pump isn't very powerful though, only around 70 gph if I remember correctly, so it won't pump water very high. The mini-jet pumps that Ken mentioned are also very nice and last quite a while, they might be a little cheaper too.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Devin. I won't be using it for a water fall but more a stream so that the pool of water won't go stagnant. I'll be using it just to keep the water moving. Would someplace like Petsmart or Petco have the mini -jet pumps? Thanks again

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going out tomorrow to pick up a micro-jet from petsmart. What do you guys use for tubing? The clear hoses for refrigerators seem like they'd work...

Ken, how long have you had the pump running? I'm asking b/c you said you'd never replaced one yet. Thanks again

G

·
tubing

Yeah, buy the pump and then take it with you to Home Depot or your local hardware store and get the right clear flex tubing in the plumbing aisle. Make sure you get the right inside diameter on the tubing.

I have had them running for a year plus now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts