Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased 2 of these at $61 dollars a piece.
just a heads up. amazon.com

;):D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope they last...I have heard to many stories about them breaking down quickly
mine has been a champ. thats why im ordering 2 more. 1 for a new tank build another for a friend :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
it may be a better choice, but half off is half off :D
Till you end up buying extra units....
Has anyone confirmed yet if extra head are available to run more than 2 Misting heads yet..I have 18 Tanks right now..
even at $61.00 per unit to run 2 Misting heads I would need 9 units to spray all 18 Tanks

Amazon's Monsoon (61.00 x 9 =) 549.00 vs Mistking Ultimate Value Kit (189.00 + 15 Additional Misting Heads (cheapest) X.8.99=) 323.85 does not look like much of a Savings anymore does it. In my Case I would save 225.15 by going with a single Mistking Unit.

Yes 1 Unit to 1 Unit The Amazon price is better but when you add-on for additional tanks the saving Quickly disappears..

To Many reports of Loss of pressure when you add DIY Misting heads to the Monsoons..Lack of Additional supplies..Still not enough good reports on the Monsoon

·
Registered
701 Posts
Has anyone confirmed yet if extra head are available to run more than 2 Misting heads yet..I have 18 Tanks right now..
even at $61.00 per unit to run 2 Misting heads I would need 9 units to spray all 18 Tanks

Amazon's Monsoon (61.00 x 9 =) 549.00 vs Mistking Ultimate Value Kit (189.00 + 15 Additional Misting Heads (cheapest) X.8.99=) 323.85 does not look like much of a Savings anymore does it. In my Case I would save 225.15 by going with a single Mistking Unit.

Yes 1 Unit to 1 Unit The Amazon price is better but when you add-on for additional tanks the saving Quickly disappears..

To Many reports of Loss of pressure when you add DIY Misting heads to the Monsoons..Lack of Additional supplies..Still not enough good reports on the Monsoon
Yes, extra heads are available, they're like 2$ each but i've heard it can greatly loose pressure with even 3 nozzles.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I have 4 nozzles on my tank and the pressure is very strong. Ill post a video of mine in a bit

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have 4 nozzles on my tank and the pressure is very strong. Ill post a video of mine in a bit

ditto. I had a monsoon (replaced w/ mistking) that I was running two stock heads, and a total of 4 ADDITIONAL homedepot sprinkler heads, and had zero problems w/ pressure. and this was total supporting 3 tanks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If one were to break could we replace the pump with a stronger pump?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I purchased one of the v1 units when they came out from a local store at a great discount, like you I figured I would give it a shot for the price and put it on a display tank I had in the living room. This thing was plagued with issues the most frightening of which was when I came home from work after a power outage I walked in my door to my basti tank completely flooded with the water being 4 inches above land and the frogs hanging on for dear life to the wood (Lost 2 froglets in the disaster that I guess couldn’t make it up high enough). Don’t know if the issue has been fixed but.... after a hard power cycle like what occurred with the power outage it turned the system to "on" automatically leaving the system running until someone powered the unit off. I would never trust one of these units again, my frogs lives are not worth the cost save. I truly hope you have a better experience then I did.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I purchased one of the v1 units when they came out from a local store at a great discount, like you I figured I would give it a shot for the price and put it on a display tank I had in the living room. This thing was plagued with issues the most frightening of which was when I came home from work after a power outage I walked in my door to my basti tank completely flooded with the water being 4 inches above land and the frogs hanging on for dear life to the wood (Lost 2 froglets in the disaster that I guess couldn’t make it up high enough). Don’t know if the issue has been fixed but.... after a hard power cycle like what occurred with the power outage it turned the system to "on" automatically leaving the system running until someone powered the unit off. I would never trust one of these units again, my frogs lives are not worth the cost save. I truly hope you have a better experience then I did.
Wow that sucks. I wont have that problem because i have a 60 g tank and a mere gallon of water is nothing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts