Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good tank for a dart frog? I was looking at the 12x12x18 size since I don't have much space available at the moment. If it is suitable, what species would go good with this size tank? Also, is there any modifications I would need to do to it if it isn't a good choice out of the box.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
need to replace the screen with glass, and the tank would be ok for thumbnails but i wouldnt recomend them as first frogs

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Those are great tanks. You just have to make sure you seal up all the holes bc darts WILL escape. Theres a thread on here on how to convert your exoterra. Ill find it later if someone else dosent

·
Registered
626 Posts
Like most people I had to decide ZooMed or Exo-terra. After reading a ton of post, I decide to go Exo-terra. It was down to one door or two. I am so glad that I went with two doors (Exo-terra). It's very nice to be able to keep one door closed while feeding or spraying.

Steve

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I've decided I'm going to use my 40b instead. It was a reef tank, but I just broke it down tonight as I was going to in the future anyway when my 225 goes up. Are there any kits for this size tank or do I just have to get some glass cut for it? I'd like to do a waterfall also in it and I'm going to try some thumbnails. I like R. variabilis so I'll do some research on that species. The way to set up the circulating water and drainage is still a little confusing to me. Could someone show me a link to a good read on how to set something like this up? This whole terrarium thing is a lot more different than my reefing habits :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts