Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I Just wanted to share the evolution of my euro style corner viv which was set up in august last year. It is my first vivarium for dart frogs and it took quite a bit of time until I have been satisfied with it. Right now im happy with it and the Plants grew in good. Future inhabitants will be Ranitomeya amazonica, I am planning to introduce them in february.

This is how everything started after i have finished the background:
SDC10883.jpg

Unfortunatly the big piece of wood took away way to much light. I removed a small part of it to lay it down. Result after planting:
SDC10946 - Kopie.jpg

I wanted to create more depth so i made 2 vines and planted these as well:
SDC11135.jpg

This is how far its gone until now. I hope that the ficus will cover up a bit more of the upper wall area until the frogs move in, but thats just a matter of time^^

Feel free to ask me any questions.
greetings from Germany
Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
Visual proof that an unplanted viv is nice but one that is grown in is even nicer! You give me hope for my tank!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
great vivarium. Love the different platforms that you created and how you covered it with moss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Tank looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Gives me great ideas as I am just starting out with my frogs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
Although those vines at petco can be SO expensive, I still love them! I found that it was possible to plant plants and mosses in between twists in the vine. Looks great (especially overgrown!)


Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,078 Posts
thats a beautiful planting job. I love the shot of just the broms and leaf litter. My frogs are jealous!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks David. But at least you already have some frogs, I still have to find a local breeder and of course the frogs Im looking for :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi everybody,

quite a few things have changed so I thought it is time for a new update.

I did not like the extreme dominance of the broms in the upper left area (mainly because they were to red) and replaced them:
SDC11310.jpg

I just kept one Neo. fireball pup and filled the new space with some orchids:

maxillaria sophronitis
SDC11314.jpg

Nanodes porpax
SDC11315.jpg

The driftwood became the new place for a cutting of my Bulbophyllum vindobona, quite big but it does so well in my grow out tank that i decided to give it a try. It already grows.
SDC11313.jpg

The Bulbophyllum hirundinis on the vine is doing well also
SDC11312.jpg


and finally my first frogs, a group of 6 young Ranitomeya amazonica:

SDC11308.jpg

SDC11303.jpg

SDC11283.jpg

SDC11286.jpg

SDC11288.jpg

Greetings
Steve
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top