Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of leg work I have convinced the owner of a aquarium manufacturing business to start making euro style vivs (and a WHOLE bunch of other good stuff) that are geared for the frog hobby. The prototype(s) vivs are getting built next week so I will keep everyone informed on the progress of everything.

And no need to worry about longevity, this is a aquarium manufacture that has been in business for 30 years and has 3.5 million in sales annually. So... Exo and zoo-med better watch out...the winds of change are blowing!

Also, he supplies pet stores across the country already with aquariums so these will be available nation wide.:D

Stay tuned folks!

Casper

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am super excited!!!! Please do keep us informed. Got an ETA? I was gonna start building some new tanks, but I just may have to wait...

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is awesome news as I am expanding to another rack and would love to be able to just buy a viv already made instead of attempting to frankenstein my own.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am sure whatever they make will be a good product - great company! I bought my first DAS equipment in 1988 (first gen mini reef leveraging anaerobic bacteria and protein skimmer). No surprise they are still in biz after all these years.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Click on the natures way on the upper left to see some of their backgrounds and a kick ass fake stump.

The best thing is that I just went to him about making me some vert kits and was going to throw it out there that nobody really mass produces dart specific vivs and there would be a good market for them. He sat back in his chair for a minute then said the vert kit was on hold, and now lets design a whole viv(s)... I must admit my heart skipped a beat. Hell I'm still floating on cloud 9....

So stay tuned for A LOT of new vivs and products geared for the frog hobby. :cool:

Casper

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sounds like a great project! Any idea about distribution in Canada?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Subscribed! Now lets get these cracking lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
not to be a nag...but in an effort to learn...can ya be just a little more specific?? Is there a difference in design that makes them better??

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sliding glass doors, better vent system, f.f. proof, no need to get glass cut for the top, drain system incorporated, and better glass. It will be a total plug and play, no modifications needed.

Casper

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
not to be a nag...but in an effort to learn...can ya be just a little more specific?? Is there a difference in design that makes them better??
Exo Terra tanks have gaps everywhere, which means tons of escaped fruit flies. The are made with numerous cheap plastic parts that will wear out relatively quickly, or break off completely. The tops are made entirely of mesh and need to be modified for our purposes. And in my opinion, all the plastic parts and joints dont make for a clean looking end result, especially if the tank isnt sitting inside a cabinet or professional racking system. The good thing about exos is that they are front opening, and can be found pretty much anywhere.

Euro tanks are pretty much perfect for froggers needs. They fill all the requirments without adding anything fancy that might fail over time. The bad part about them is they are very difficult to find, and most likely need to be custom made.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Euro tanks are pretty much perfect for froggers needs. They fill all the requirments without adding anything fancy that might fail over time. The bad part about them is they are very difficult to find, and most likely need to be custom made.
Soon they will be easy to find! Grin!!

Casper

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I may be wrong, but this is what I think of when somebody mentions a "EURO" style viv.

Two vents, one at the bottom and one at the top, for air flow without the use of fans.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts