Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here keep escudo? Picking up a couple in a few weeks and just want to know what people are feeding them considering they are so small compared to other frogs. I have mels, hydei and cultures of springtails and dwarf whites. Can’t find much information on them at all so just wanted to get peoples opinions. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I feed my Escodu melanogaster, springtails, aphids and greenbugs weekly. When it is possible I also provide them meadow plankton.

They also like the very small brow isopods that are thriving in the tank. Unfortunalty I do know their name.

Greets.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feed my Escodu melanogaster, springtails, aphids and greenbugs weekly. When it is possible I also provide them meadow plankton.

They also like the very small brow isopods that are thriving in the tank. Unfortunalty I do know their name.

Greets.

Awesome, never heard of green bugs. Not sure where you are from but I’m in the uk and so limited on what you can get.
I’ll have to look into that then thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I live in Belgium, I think us europeans have acces to a lot of different insect. You ever go to DN-kikkerdag or Houten or Hamm?

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
small melanogaster.

good to keep a few 'overdue' cultures, or 'old multi generational' cultures around to produce a smaller, 'runty' flie for neonates and small pumilio.

whatever prey insect you feed, make sure it is always- as in, every-single-feeding, dusted with a quality superfine powdered supplement.

supplements are the key to out hobby. In the 80's and 90's we failed because there were limited supps available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts