Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious. Does anyone's frogs try to get out or jump out when the lid/door is open? I wondered about that when I saw the front opening enclosures. I say that with the front opening because it seems like they could just jump straight forward and get out. Although I also worry when I have the lid up on mine. Mine have not attempted anything I was just curious. Has this happened to anyone?
The closest I came was when I had picked up the top part of my self contained waterfall to work on it, I thought that I had looked at it carefully so I took it to the floor to empty out the gravel that was in the little container on it and when I turned it over one of my leucs was inside the hollow part, right at the edge, he never attempted to jump from there. I quickly and carefully put the piece back in the tank and even then he did not want to come out.
Melissa's photos also made me think about this. The little guys seem so calm in there and right at the edge near her fingers (Melissa, I am just assuming that is your fingers and not someone elses.)
Anyway was just wondering.
Rhonda

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Jumpers

I actually do have some frogs that try to get out EVERY time I open their cage....our Panamanian Green & Bronze auratus make a brake for it every time their cage is opened.

People don't believe me until I demonstrate (just open the lid and they come hoppin'). These are the only guys that try to do it every time.

btw...it is a top opening cage, not a front opening.

Melis

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awhile back I was misting my bicolors tank and saw one at the top .It made a brake for it but I had my hand in the way and it jumped on top of it and I set it in the tank.It liked the ride and sat there for a bit then jumped off.Very bold frogs!!!!!!
Mark W.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My imitator always tries to get out. I just put my hand in the spot where I know he always he will jump, and he jumps right on. It’s actually nice to be able to touch at least one of my frogs without having him spaz out :)

The most dangerous thing is when you are not there and there is a little crack somewhere. I had a froglet escape a tank that had a small hole about 1/2 the size of the diameter of a pencil eraser. They will sit there and stare at the hole for hours, planning their escape, and then will pretend to be contortionists squeezing themselves in mind numbingly small holes!

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Re: Jumpers

I just moved my vents to there new home. So far so good.

I like that pic with them all in the film canister. I need to get a couple more vents.

melissa68 said:
I actually do have some frogs that try to get out EVERY time I open their cage....our Panamanian Green & Bronze auratus make a brake for it every time their cage is opened.

People don't believe me until I demonstrate (just open the lid and they come hoppin'). These are the only guys that try to do it every time.

btw...it is a top opening cage, not a front opening.

Melis

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
WOW, my imitators run as soon as I go in the room most of the time.

hicksonj said:
My imitator always tries to get out. I just put my hand in the spot where I know he always he will jump, and he jumps right on. It’s actually nice to be able to touch at least one of my frogs without having him spaz out :)

The most dangerous thing is when you are not there and there is a little crack somewhere. I had a froglet escape a tank that had a small hole about 1/2 the size of the diameter of a pencil eraser. They will sit there and stare at the hole for hours, planning their escape, and then will pretend to be contortionists squeezing themselves in mind numbingly small holes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts