Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused about what is going on with my three 5-6 month old luecs. When i first got them they were climbing and exploring and every thing was great, i was feeding them a bunch of Melangoster FF and everything seemed good. Then, a few weeks ago they started to mellow down and stay on the ground most of the time, then i switched to Hydei (sp) and all of a sudden there actions changed sompleatly now they are all over the place during the day, they are climbing on the glass and every where. The thing that worryies me is that alot of the time i see them with their nose just below the overhang trim thing which the cover rests on. It looks almost like they are trying to escape.
So my question is could the switching of the species of ff make a difference. With the Hyedi ive been feeding alot fewer could they be climbing and hunting like this because they are hungry again, however, the smaller ff used to hide at the top where the lip extends the same place where the frogs have their nose.

So what do u guys think?, am i not feeding them enough they eat them quickly but somtimes leave befor all the FF are finished, what do u think is going on, or does this have nothing to do with ff and they just want to escape?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I would check their environment to make sure nothing has changed. I recently started to feed my leucs hydei, and have not noticed any difference in their behavior. And if you don't notice a few flies left over from the last feeding, I would increase their rations. With fewer flies, there's more of a chance that some of them may have gotten more food than the others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts