Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. my E. boulengery died for not known reason. i had 4 E. boulengeri, i checked them in the afternoon and they were activ and healthy. after 1 hour i looked into the vivarium and I have discovered 1 dead frog (laying on its back) - well I picked the frog, 'she' was still alive, sitting on my hand, I put 'her' into the different vivarium and in the morning 'she' was dead. others are healthy (male is calling females). some d. vittatuses died like this 1 mount before... whats going on? please help!

·
Registered
529 Posts
As no-one else has posted a reply yet - I'll jump in. What symptoms did the frog show before it died? Appetite, sluggishness, hiding? How long did you have the frog before it died? What supplements do you use? Any signs of agression from other tankmates?

In advance of your additional details I recommend that you keep a studied eye on its other tankmates for a few weeks to see if they show any symptoms. If I found a unresponsive (but alive) PDF I would do an immediate Pedialyte soak and keep it in a separate Q box.

Hope this helps.

Alan

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no symptoms at all... 2 years frog, I have it for 2 mounts. no signs of aggression from other tankmates...
thanx
J

·
Registered
529 Posts
J: I'm not sure there is much to go on lacking symptoms before death. You didn't mention if there was a decline in appetite before death. Is there room for a fall from the upper reaches of the tank?

There is a real possibility that the death will go unexplained. If you refrigerated the frog soon after death then you could have a necropsy performed as a precaution for the surviving tankmates. If not you could have some fecals done from the tankmates. I'm not an expert on fecals but I do not think they would identify a root cause that would explain a sudden death of an apparently healthy, mature PDF.

Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts