Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best bet is to order a springtail culture over the flies cuz im guessing they have a better cold tolerance? what culture of insect should i get that stands the best chance in WI weather between 30-15degrees?? Please help, my auratus just finished eating the rest of the heidei

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
My best bet is to order a springtail culture over the flies cuz im guessing they have a better cold tolerance? what culture of insect should i get that stands the best chance in WI weather between 30-15degrees?? Please help, my auratus just finished eating the rest of the heidei
Your best bet is to first look for a local connection. Post an ad saying, "Wisconsin Fruit flies needed". If you're lucky, a local will see it and bail you out.

Reactions: jbherpin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhhh.. this sucks i was warned about golden hiedei with ther reproduction being slow but its like they went freakin steril.. man.. this is sad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im goin for it. just guna ask for some heat/warm pads with shipping. thanks the suggestion i will give that a show as well. Peace.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
How old is your culture? Are you relying on only one culture? You should always have multiple cultures going. Our goldens produce quite nicely.

Reactions: jbherpin

·
Registered
975 Posts
There's alot of froggers in WI. someone should be close enough to you to not have to ship. Try also try posting in the "WI froggers" Thread

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i had 3 goin but i also have a mite problem but i heard they only eat the media and dont really harm the flies

·
Registered
759 Posts
frogmanroth is in oshkosh and jeff69 is in appleton. Pm them. Otherwise take a trip to milwaukee and ill sell ya one ;) Honestly i think youll be ok ordering one from joshs, they are right over in michigan and its a live ship so youll get in like 2 days.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also have a few extra cultures if you need one. Petco sells fruit fly cultures also. They are small and like $10 but if you get 2 it will give you flies to start a new culture and some to feed to your frogs.

·
Registered
759 Posts
This is a lesson to always have multiple food sources. Cultures crash, its a fact. Keep a few cultures of springs, isos, and flies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts