Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Short introduction, because you are here for the frog pics. We (my girlfriend and I) live in the Netherlands, Europe. The reason I post this thread now is that I was the lucky receiver of a 60 mm macrolens recently and our frogs have been victims of it since that very day. :) Currently, we have the following species hopping around:
Phyllobates bicolor
Phyllobates terribilis 'orange'
Ranitomeya ventrimaculata 'red'
Ranitomeya vanzolinii
Oophaga pumilio 'bastimentos'
Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'

I'll try to post pictures regularly, mostly frog pictures, but I suspect my tanks will pop up as well. :) I have quite some database filled already, but since uploading the whole collection at once is no fun: I'll just start slowly with new and old pictures and keep on posting pics like forever.

I shoot with Canon, some were taken with my old 300D, some with a borrowed 30D. I hope to get my own camera later this year.

To start with: Phyllobates bicolor

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New day, new photos.

As requested. We have 3 tanks in our living room. I'll give the european measures, since I'm not that comfortable with feet and gallons..

The first one is 125 wide, 50 deep and 80 high.
The second is 80x50x90.
The smallest is 80x40x40, and currently being renewed.

Credits for the backgrounds go to Suzanne, she's very creative and very good with paint, acryllic adhesive 'flevopol' and Great Stuff. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
That first tank is just absolutely amazing. Very nice work!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for the compliments :) Actually, it wasn't covered in cement but in flexible and waterproof tile adhesive. I was inspired by Arielelf actually!

US measures of the tanks:
rocky one: 132 gallon tank (49 inch long, 31 inch high, 20 inch deep)
vertical one: 95 gallon tank (31 inch long, 35 inch high, 20 inch deep)
horizontal one: 128 gallon tank (31 inch long, 16 inch high, 16 inch deep)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another day, more pictures!

It's a phyllobates terribilis, currently still in quarantaine (under very strange lightening...) but soon inhabitant of the high cornerviv in our living room. They're 10 months old now, becoming more and more orange en growing/fattening up every day.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Awesome pictures keep then coming!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts