Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to sound weird, but I was filling my bottle with RO water and I felt static building up around the bottle. I touched the water inside and received a nasty shock!

At first I was worried that it could have been a short since our washing machine broke and my dad thought it was because the ground wire wasn't connected to the water pipe. The repairman came and disconnected the ground wire, and the unit was still plugged in. My dad then unplugged the old washing machine.

Today, I filled my bucket up again. The same thing happened with static buildup. However, when I touched the water from the tap, no shock whatsoever-- before or after using the RO unit. What's going on?
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top