Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 months ago I aquired 2 varadero froglets. Now I have a proven pair. They have been courting daily and last night they were going at it for a while. When I checked this morning I was suprised to see an egg!!!! :D I am sure of it to so it is not perilite in a water droplet.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congratulations, Rob! I know that there was a lot of discussion about which frog you should get and if R.i. varaderos were a good first frog and all, so it seems you are doing a wonderful job with them. Good on you!

Keep us updated on the egg's progress.

Take care, Richard.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Right on Rob!! I knew you could do this!! Frogboy and I are psyched for you!:D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I am really happy! Right now they are quarting again so....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Kick ass Rob!!! Always exciting (and relieving!) to have them finally reproduce!?! Keep us posted and also if you're selling them or not? I'm looking for Veradero's

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Kick ass Rob!!! Always exciting (and relieving!) to have them finally reproduce!?! Keep us posted and also if you're selling them or not? I'm looking for Veradero's
I would bet he will sell or trade them. House rules. He only gets 2 vivs. Most of us have house rules. Fortunately, our house rules are "only one bedroom full of vivs!".

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am limited to 2 tanks and I have 1 set up. Also the egg looks good. I also have seen intense courting in a clay have that naturly formed. I will check tomarrow but I have a feeling that this was not their first clutch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lol. That's always exciting!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found another clutch today!!!!! I saw them lay it today to I have a total of 5 eggs! Should I take any out?

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congrats, Rob. Once the male starts transporting and the female starts feeding them, she will slow down egg-laying considerably. If you want to keep the egg production high, removing the eggs and rearing them separately would be the way to go. The tadpoles seem to be very hardy and not difficult to raise.

Good luck, Richard.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Congrats. I'm in the same boat myself with campana auratus. I've got 5 tads in the water and at least 2 more tads soon to be in the water and this is my first breeding. I've had this pair since last Sept and I am a complete novice with tad raising at this point, but so far, they're growing with their diet of flake food and tadpole bites, with java moss in their containers along with pieces of magnolia leaves. So far, only one death, which was the first tad, which never really did much. I have had back legs emerge on my oldest tad in the past week. They grow like weeds. Now if only my variabilis or azureiventris would breed, as they are both calling now.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Found the male transporting today!!! And the female feeding which means they laid more clutches than I thought!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts