Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 18 days in the egg the tadpoles hatched yesterday! I was sure they would hatch a few days earlier so me, being paranoid with my first clutch of eggs, brought them with me on my 8 hour trip to Georgia for Thanksgiving haha! My second clutch of 9 eggs has about 2 to 3 days before hatching. I got to watch them hatch one by one so hopefully I'll get to see that with the second clutch too! Heres a video I took of the very first one breaking free!!! Enjoy!! :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I know! It was a 5 day trip though! I heard that they typically "play dead" for a little while but they've been nothing but very active. Even when I sucked them out of the perti dish and put them into their individual containers they were swimming around.

·
Registered
638 Posts
my tads never look like that they are always gray and really small never form the C shape in 73 degree temps with misting once a day, also I have to hatch all my tads out because they cant get out of the eggs and they start to die because they have been in the egg for so long somewere like 25, 30 days

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What species are they? I keep mine around that temp I guess. Just regular house temperature. I keep them closed in a ziplocks container with the petri dish sitting on a wet paper towel and a little water just to the edges of the eggs in the dish and I never had to spray them. I'm also just using plain RO water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts