Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been researching backgrounds and I will likely be using a combo of both GS and Clay on my background. (mostly clay)
I was just remembering old construction techniques for plaster using chicken wire to kind of hold things together. I was curious if anyone has experimented using a wire mesh or even using eggcrate on the sides of the viv for the clay to grab onto. Hopefully the question makes sense the way I am describing!

My thought is....silicone eggcrate onto the sides of the viv and press the clay into it. It would give the clay some horizontal as well as vertical area to adhere.

Bad move or interesting idea?
Thanks!
Nate

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have been using that very method for years and it works very well. I actually mounted about 150 lbs of rock to the back of an aquarium using this method and it was virtually indestructible after curing for about a month. When I finally took the thing apart I needed a hammer and crow bar just to pry the background off. You should have great success with this method

Josh

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. The picture was helpful as well. I like the zip tie idea as well!
I should have a build thread before too long. I just have a little more research to do first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts