Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am on my third clutch and have two eggs finally developing and Im ready to pull them from the tank how do i keep them a constant temperature and humid any suggestions?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried that the first time and it kinda failed. I was thinking about putting them in a petri dish and then in a glad conatiner with water then putting it under might lights would this also be fine

·
Registered
835 Posts
Speaking with great ignorance, I am unsure if it would be a good idea to seal the eggs in a container.

Here's the idea I robbed from Chesney here:

It's a cheap organizer with drawers in it. I suspect that "cheap" is important as the drawers move easily and have plenty of air gaps.

Eggs on lids/petri dishes get misted as often as necessary to keep them moist. Do not cover the eggs .

I do the same thing although the container fluctuates from 70-73 depending on if tank lights are on.

I think/suspect that eggs need more air transfer than what would be garnered in a sealed container, but again, I MAY BE DEAD WRONG !

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put some holes in the container for air circulation and they are under a light for some heat ......and the tads are starting to wiggle around:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Several clutches of mine tend to mold over if I cover the Petri dish. I have a plastic storage bin with a 'false bottom' with a few inches of water. The Petri dishes sit in a deli cup and the cups rest on egg crate that rests on stands. The deli cups just barely touch the water. (1/2")

There is a small aquarium heater in the water to maintain temps.

You still need to mist as needed (sometimes daily)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts