Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 1.2 trio of R. Ventrimaculatus that had just started laying eggs about 7 weeks ago and so far I have been able to save one tad, but every time I find a clutch of about 6 or 7 eggs the next day they are gone, I was trying to give them at least a day or two before I pulled them, but they always disappear after a day or so. I don't know which female is the culprit and I don't have anywhere to put the extra female (if it's one of the females eating the eggs) should I start pulling the eggs as soon as I spot them? I would hate to have to break up my trio they get along great together.
has anybody been through this problem before?

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I had a mixed group of 5 animals in an enclosure and did not see any egg eating. The males would transport the tadpoles and I would pull the tadpoles from the deposition sites. They did rear a few in the tank as when I would break down the tank and check on them there were always one or two extras..

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
My guess would be snails or slugs. I have a 2.2 group of Iquitos vents and they all breed in the canisters together. I collect the egg clutches and hatch them separately.

Take care, Richard.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a mixed group of 5 animals in an enclosure and did not see any egg eating. The males would transport the tadpoles and I would pull the tadpoles from the deposition sites. They did rear a few in the tank as when I would break down the tank and check on them there were always one or two extras..

Ed

Thanks Ed, I will look and see if that is the case. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess would be snails or slugs. I have a 2.2 group of Iquitos vents and they all breed in the canisters together. I collect the egg clutches and hatch them separately.

Take care, Richard.

Thanks Richard, I haven't seen any snails or slugs in any of my vivs, but I will keep a close eye on them just to make sure. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts