Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello-

Sorry for all the posts I am just trying to get up to my 25 in order to post a wanted add for a pumilio. Although these are real questions I just usually get my answers on previous posts. So if there is already a post on this just send me the link if you'd like.

I am looking to build a false bottom and have heard its a bit hard to locate egg crate. Where is the best place to buy it? Is it something I can get locally or do I need to get it online? If I can get it locally where is it normally available?

Thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
You should be able to find it at Lowes or Home Depot. Look in the lighting department and ask for it. Describe it to them and they should be able to find it for you. If you say egg crate they may not know exactly what you are talking about.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It might just be easier for you to comment on other posts as opposed to making a ton of new ones. There's always plenty of threads where a "that looks awesome!" easily applies :)

Egg crate should be available at most hardware stores (Ace, Home Depot, etc.) I generally see it sold as sheets that cover flourescent lighting for offices.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ya'll I'll head over to Home depot and ask around. and good idea about the commenting on others post I didnt think about thats, and its a much better idea than all these irrelevant posts ha.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
No one seems to know what egg crate is, and its because they are usually reffered to as Fluorescent Light Diffusers outside of the hobby. I got plenty of dumb looks from the people in Home Depot before I found out the correct term.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one seems to know what egg crate is, and its because they are usually reffered to as Fluorescent Light Diffusers outside of the hobby. I got plenty of dumb looks from the people in Home Depot before I found out the correct term.
Thanks Grimm, No one likes to look like and idiot ha.
PS- love the videos and DIY's they are basically what I am going off to make my new VIV. You got serious talent ha.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same dumb founded look you get when you ask for Hardware Cloth - they have no idea what it is even thought that is really what it's called! Most of the people they hire at the big box stores don't know anything.

·
Registered
943 Posts
It works the other way. I went into a hardware store and asked for light diffusors and got looked at like I was an idiot. I mentioned "egg crate" and both guys knew exactly what I meant...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its more or less a locality thing - I've never heard of it called "Eggcrate" here in Floriduh, and you get the looks and stupidity if you ask for it........They usually make references to what you'd buy Chicken Eggs in......

Everyone seems to know what a "light diffuser" is though........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts