Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you go egg or tad hunting in your tanks? I'm just wondering how often you all check to see what's going on in there. Also, while digging around looking, how do you make sure frogs are not escaping? I feel like that is a dumb question, but I'm so paranoid that when I stick my arm in to get a better look, one will jump out and I won't see it because my arm is blocking my view...does that make sense? Is there a secret or are you just VERY careful?

Kristen

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Just be as careful as you can. It really helps if you have a reliable person to play "lookout". While you clean the glass, and poke around looking for eggs or whatever, have the lookout do nothing but watch the opening of the tank, tell them to nevermind what you are doing, just keep watching the opening of the tank.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I check my huts 3 times a week on all my breeders. I don't go searching for eggs/tads in any of my eggfeeders, just leave them alone until a baby pops out!!!! I am finding with a few of the breeders that their eggs go bad on me, or have a higher loss rate, leaving the eggs in the tank for 2-3 days after they are laid is really helping.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. :) I figured that just being very careful was just about the only way, but I just had to make sure I wasn't missing something. :)

As soon as I take these out, I guess just to satisfy my curiousity, I'll have to check every once in awhile to see when they lay more eggs.

Thanks again
Kristen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts