Dendroboard banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether it's through increasing daylength, rising humidity and temperatures, or a change in barometric pressure, animals know it's spring.

Just this week, my green and white group laid a clutch at the tippy top of their tank on a verrucosum leaf, and this morning, I discovered two more eggs in my Lygodactylus tank. They've only just started laying, so that's a welcome development. I'm even having dreams about finding massive clutches in all my tanks. It's to be expected that egg laying creatures will be increasing production at this time of year.

For example, take my neighborhood squirrels. They've been carrying their eggs around my front yard, up the trees, and engaging in lots of mating activity. I'm anticipating a lots of babies this year, given our mild winter. I'm already seeing a lot of these eggs in my neighbor's yard. Sadly, just this morning, I found one egg abandoned on my driveway. It had been chewed open just a bit, revealing the tiny embryo of a very underdeveloped Reese's peanut butter cup. Poor thing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts